Thursday, May 04, 2006

Song of Songs: the Role of Sex in Biblical Theology

And for my Poetry & Wisdom class, I just finished this paper on the Song of Songs. If you've always wondered if its really as dirty as you thought it was, the good news is that... yes, it is. Sorry. This OT book simply oozes sexuality. Of course that raises even bigger questions, like: "What the heck is it doing in the Bible, then? And what am I supposed to do about it?" I take a stab at answering these questions in this paper (and yes, it has everything to do with Jesus).

That said, there's still an awful lot of room for discussion here, particularly in terms of application, and I'd love to get feedback on this too...

1 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Pilgrim in Progress said...

I'm kind of surprised everyone's been commenting on the 1 Tim 2:8-15 paper, and no one's uttered so much as a peep about my thoughts on the Song of Song. Does that mean everyone agrees with me that Jesus is saying he's better than sex? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home