Friday, September 08, 2006

Digesting the New Perspective(s)

Just have to say that I picked up a book on the New Perspective(s) last night that I would like to strongly recommend to anyone looking to get their arms around the whole New Perspective of Paul - it's called Getting the Gospel Right - Assessing the Reformation and New Perspectives on Paul, by Cornelius Venema. Its very short (<100 pages), extremely well written (you can read it thoughfully in under two hours), and, most importantly, I think it's extremely fair to proponents of the NPP (if any NPP fans want to contest that, please let me know).

If you are looking for a great entry point into the salient problems of NPP (and this is not to deny that there are very many good insights), as well as a great summary of the distinctives of the Reformation perspective, I'd really encourage you to check this book out. If you only have time to read one thing on NPP, this would be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home